Mark Warner’s deals make autumn breaks in the Med child’s play.
Half terms are often a difficult time of year for parents – there’s a strong chance that the UK weather will be terrible, but it’s not worth travelling long haul for a week in the sun.
This is where Mark Warner’s Mediterranean resorts come in – lively until the very end of the season, they offer all their usual facilities and activities, and at much lower prices than in the high season. We’ve highlighted a few things to think about when choosing a late-summer or autumn break.
• Choose a short- or mid-haul destination. It’s not worth suffering jet-lag for a single week’s holiday.
• Pack for more variable weather – swim/beach wear for the daytime, but also sweaters for the evening.
• Think about booking a hotel with an indoor pool, such as our Levante Beach resort.
• Pack light wetsuits for the sea and for outdoor pools.
• Take advantage of the cooler weather to hire a car and explore our wonderful destinations – this is much easier with kids, especially younger ones, outside of the mid-summer heat, whether you want to discover local beaches or explore historic towns. Similarly, tennis and mountain-biking are generally more pleasant in cooler weather.
• If your kids are worried about missing Halloween, reassure them that Mark Warner’s famous childcare (free for over-twos) includes spooky activities and parties.
• While the kids are making new friends in the crèche or kids’ club, sneak some time in one of our lovely spas and get your skin ready for the colder months with a luxurious treatment – we recommend a Tri-enzyme Resurfacing facial.
See October 2015 half-term holidays at Mark Warner’s Levante Beach Resort on Rhodes or Lakitira Beach Resort on Kos with prices from £749pp.